All fees and costs are kept at a minimum. See the Fee Structure for more information. Successful applicants will be advised of any adjustments.
- All students are required to pay tuition fees on the first day of each study period (term).
- Students whose accounts are more than 28 days in arrears will be reviewed and an Account Handling Charge will be applied.
- No student will be permitted to commence a new term until all financial requirements are met.
- A faculty member serves as Student Financial Adviser and is available to any student requiring advice.
- A requirement of Graduation is that all outstanding accounts be cleared. Any award or transcript of results will be withheld pending financial clearance.
- Refunds of tuition fees are determined by the Refund Policy.
Payment of Fees
- For full time students who have opted to pay tuition fees fortnightly in advance throughout the term, if payment is not received on time, then the student will be suspended from class and Centrelink will be notified of the temporary suspension. A student may not attend classes or sit for exams or hand in assignments during the suspension. A fee of $10.00 will be charged per suspension.
- The fees of International students will be placed into a trust account especially designated for that purpose and refunds to students will be made from that account according to the policies listed in the student handbook. This trust account is solely for this purpose and cannot be accessed for any other reason than refunds or payment of course fees.
- Fees of all students will be received by the Administrator and deposited in API’s bank account by the next working day. Proper accounting procedures, which will be audited by an external auditor each year, will be followed.
- International students need to have current medical insurance in the duration of study in Australia. This may be arrange thru API or if students arrange their own insurance, they must provide a copy of the documents to the office.
- Student or the student agent who advise the Administrator in writing of their cancellation of application or withdrawal prior to commencement of classes for that particular course, are entitled to a full refund of fees excluding the application fee.
- Students who withdraw from classes after the class has commenced will not be entitled to any refund of fees, unless exceptional circumstances for withdrawal can be demonstrated. In these circumstances, API reserves the right to negotiate pro-rata refunds on an individual basis.
- Application fees (including late application fees) are non-refundable once paid.
- International students who are unsuccessful in obtaining an International Student Visa are entitled to a refund of fees except Application fees. A full refund, excluding the application fee will be given to applicants who are refused entry.
- Fees are subject to change. However, fees detailed in a letter of offer issued before the date of change will be honoured by the College for the course stated on the letter of offer.
- Where circumstances beyond the control of the student prevent his/her participation in the course e.g. civil strikes, riots, acts of government authorities, fees will be refunded.
- If a participant has his/her enrolment discontinued for any disciplinary reason by API (including reasons such as insufficient attendance, unsatisfactory attitude or conduct, failure to abide by API’s rules & regulations, unsatisfactory academic progress, suspension or dismissal), he/she will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
- If a student’s visa is terminated, there will be no refund of fees of their current term.
- All eligible refunds will be provided within four (4) weeks of the Administrator receiving written notice from the student of withdrawal from classes. ESOS Act 2000 Section 28 (3). A refund request form can be obtained from the Administrator upon request.
- Any approved refund provision will be paid by API in the same currency in which the fees were paid, to the person who has entered into a contract with API, unless this is impracticable and unless the person gives a written direction to pay someone else. ESOS Act 2000 Reg, Section 7 (f).
- All applications for refunds must be made in writing (by submitting a refund request form) stating the reasons and relevant details to the Academic Director. This policy does not remove the right to take further action under Australia’s Consumer Protection Laws nor does it prevent the student from pursuing other legal remedies. Students are bound by the conditions of their respective visas when changing their education provider.
- Students who change provider are regarded as students withdrawing after commencement of their program.
In the event that API/ICCollege as a provider defaults including such circumstances as:
- The course does not start on the agreed starting day
- The course ceases to be provided at any time after it starts but before it is completed
- The course if not provided in full to the student because a sanction has been imposed on API for whatever reasons and the student has not withdraw before the day on which the course ceased to be provided
the student will be notified in writing of the above circumstance within 3 business days and provided a refund of any unspent prepaid tuition fees within 14 days after the day on which the course ceased to be provided. Alternatively, API will offer the student an alternative place at the Institute’s expense, which must be accepted by the student in writing within 30 days.
Students are permitted to seek casual employment during semester. Overseas students are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week and are required to have the necessary student work visa.
ICCollege courses are recognised by the Queensland Government. As such, full time students enrolled in our courses are eligible to apply for Austudy. Austudy payments are intended to assist students with living expenses. Eligibility is assessed on personal and family incomes from the previous year, and any former payments of this assistance, and is not automatically received. Applicants should be aware of a limit on earnings whilst receiving Austudy. Students should apply for Austudy during Orientation when necessary supporting documentation is available.